Legal Aid Programs
The Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation administers distributions from the legal aid fund to six legal aid providers, which collectively serve the legal aid needs of the entire state. In addition to Foundation funds, legal aid societies rely on numerous other public and private funders for support. With the financial support of the Foundation and other organizations, every year the state's legal aid providers assist more than 164,000 low-income individuals and families with their civil legal needs. While impressive, we know that together we are still only able to assist one out of every four low-income persons in need of civil legal aid.
If you are looking for a specific program, you may search the list of programs below the map, use the online directory, or call toll-free 1-866-LAWOHIO (1-866-529-6446).
Ohio's Legal Aid Programs
- The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati and Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio
- Advocates for Basic Legal Equality and Legal Aid of Western Ohio
- The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland
- Community Legal Aid Services
- Ohio State Legal Services Association
- The Legal Aid Society of Columbus