The Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation has an immediate opening for a Director of Pro Bono Resource Expansion.
Job Title: Director of Pro Bono Resource Expansion
Status: Full-Time, Exempt Position
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and generous benefits package.
The Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation, Inc., founded in 1994 and located in Columbus, is a statewide, nonprofit organization committed to improving access to justice for low-income Ohioans. By providing grants and other support, the Foundation provides a legal voice to those who can’t afford it. The Foundation helps ensure that veterans secure the benefits they have earned; seniors preserve their independence and financial security; victims of domestic violence obtain safety and security; and children with disabilities obtain the supports they need to succeed in school.
The Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation Director of Pro Bono Resource Expansion supports local and statewide efforts to grow pro bono resources in the state. The Director will be responsible in the short term for coordinating and creating a “Justice Bus” for Ohio to expand pro bono resources into Ohio’s rural counties. In addition, the Director will be responsible for engaging with current technology to utilize it to increase access to pro bono opportunities in the state. The Director should be a dynamic and visionary leader who also participates in national pro bono discourse.
- Collaborate with Ohio’s legal aids; the Supreme Court, and the state and metro bar associations; expand the vision, create new connections and opportunities, and take pro bono partnerships and alliances to the next level in Ohio.
- Articulate a clear vision for the Foundation that supports and strengthens the critical role that pro bono attorneys, bar associations, law firms, and law schools play in delivering on the promise of equal justice for low-income and underserved Ohioans.
- Design and execute strategic goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to implement a statewide vision related to pro bono partnerships and alliances, including developing a “Justice Bus” and technology to enhance pro bono engagement.
- Cultivate and build essential relationships within stakeholder networks and serve as a bridge across networks.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Juris Doctor required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience, including demonstrated pro bono commitment and efforts.
- Proven leadership skills including developing and implementing change-management strategies to support organizational goals.
- Innovative thinker who strives for excellence and who is able to multi-task and manage projects from inception to completion.
- Proven collaboration skills for high-profile initiatives involving multiple stakeholders across multiple organizations.
- Strong organization, time management, verbal and written communications skills.
Starting at $75k and commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com; position will remain open until filled.
The Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.