The Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation has an immediate opening for a Programs and Grants Manager.
Job Title: Programs and Grants Manager
Status: Full-Time, Exempt Position
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and generous benefits package.
The Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation, Inc., founded in 1994 and located in Columbus, is a statewide, nonprofit organization committed to improving access to justice for low-income Ohioans. By providing grants and other support, the Foundation provides a legal voice to those who cannot afford private attorneys. The Foundation helps ensure that veterans secure the benefits they have earned; seniors preserve their independence and financial security; victims of domestic violence obtain safety and security; and children with disabilities obtain the supports they need to succeed in school.
The Programs and Grants Manager is responsible for oversight of Foundation-funded programs and Foundation grants management. The Programs and Grants Manager should have strong communication skills and be a strategic thinker who ensures that the organization’s grants and programmatic activities align with the goals and mission of the Foundation.
- Collaborate with the Foundation’s grantees to ensure that Foundation grants are meeting targeted outcomes as well as the strategic goals and vision of the Foundation.
- Build and maintain partnerships and relationships with other organizations, in order to expand resources, raise funding, and educate the public about the Foundation’s work.
- Oversee the Foundation’s grant application, agreement, and reporting processes with grantees.
- Coordinate and manage the Foundation’s on-site grantee and program assessments.
- Draft and report on all grants received by the Foundation.
- Prepare reports on the Foundations grant and programmatic activities for the Foundation’s Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Support special projects as identified by the Foundation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Juris Doctor preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience, with some grants management and / or legal aid experience desired.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to collaborate with stakeholders across multiple organizations.
- Experience managing multiple initiatives and prioritizing workloads to ensure timely project completion.
- Strong organization, time management, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 12, 2019.